Get Ready for Rosh Hashanah
See dates and times below
Jewish Discovery Center
757 Hopkins Rd, Buffalo, NY 14221
Sunday, September 17th at 11:00am – 12:00pm
The Shofar Factory is an exciting hands-on workshop for the young and the young at heart.
- Create your very own beautiful shofar from an animal's horn
- Learn and experience the entire process, from cleaning the horn to the final polish
- Gain new insights into the significance of the shofar
- See and hear shofars in all shapes & sizes
- Acquire skills to blow the shofar
- Take home a Shofar 4 Free
The Shofar Factory is guaranteed to engage and inspire adults and children and prepare one and all for Rosh Hashanah – The Jewish New Year.
Pre Rosh Hashana - Kosher mini chefs
Girls & Boys, ages 3 - 12
Sunday, September 17th at 4:30 - 5:30pm
Our mini chefs will join together to cook, bake,
create fun crafts, while learning about Jewish themes!
From Chalah and Gefilte fish, to Roast chicken and Kugels, our mini chefs will learn about
mitzvahs through foods and crafts they create.
Additionally, a portion of the food will always be shared with those who are less fortunate.
Rosh Hashanah cooking class for adults
Monday, September 18th at 7:00 - 9:00pm.
The class is free,
Each take home meal is $25.
The Jewish Discovery Center is offering a hands-on Rosh Hashanah cooking class!
Take part in cooking of your own Rosh Hashanah food, and take home you own four course Holiday meal for you and your family.